About Ask Big Questions
Ask Big Questions works with colleges and universities to engage young adults in reflective community conversations about purpose, identity, and responsibility. These conversations build trust, strengthen community, and deepen understanding across lines of difference. Since 2011, Ask Big Questions has trained over 900 student leaders, faculty, and staff on 92 campuses in our method of community conversation, engaging over 25,000 students. Ask Big Questions was developed, launched, and scaled by Hillel International. Ask Big Questions® is a registered trademark of Hillel International.
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing external communications for Ask Big Questions, including, but not limited to: designing a wide range of print materials; planning, development, and execution of website and social media management; and program/project marketing. This is an excellent position for an emerging designer interested in honing a full range of communications and media skills and working with a growing, fun, creative team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Ask Big Questions staff and consultants, develop and maintain a strategic, comprehensive communications plan for Ask Big Questions' work with partner universities and organizations, prospective partners and philanthropic investors.
- Work in partnership with various Ask Big Questions staff to implement communications strategies for all programmatic initiatives.
- Serve as our webmaster by managing website content, liaising with web development consultants; and maintaining the status of related service agreements and/or subscriptions.
- Serve as our lead graphic designer and ensure fidelity to our branding guide on all materials.
- Manage dissemination of all electronic communications and marketing through Ask Big Questions' email marketing platform.
- Develop and maintain a robust and appropriate social media presence that serves our brand and strategy.
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in communications with a creative sense about how to effectively promote the Ask Big Questions mission.
- Excellent graphic design skills, including experience working with an established brand guide.
- Previous experience updating website content, managing social media accounts, using contact management software, and working with technology vendors.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite required; experience with Drupal CMS and video editing preferred.
Other great things we're looking for:
- You excel in a dynamic, collaborative environment or design process that involves feedback from a variety of stakeholders and moves through a multi-stage process.
- You're able to independently manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- You demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and ability to act as a team player in a fast-paced working environment.
- You share our passion for changing the world through better conversation.
To Apply: Candidates must submit links to three or more samples of work.
Ask Big Questions is an equal opportunity employer. We are interested in receiving candidates from a broad spectrum of people, including women and people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
This search is being managed by Hillel International. To apply, click here.